recipe - tried and tested - Cream of Celery Soup - jamie.txt
Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 head of organic celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Small bunch of flat leaved parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 100ml single cream (plus a little extra for serving if desired)
- A good pinch of nutmeg and some black pepper to season
- A couple of tbsps of extra virgin olive oil (or a mix of oil and butter)
1. In a large saucepan or casserole, heat the oil gently and add the sliced celery, onion and garlic to the pan. Sweat over a gentle heat till vegetables are soft but not browned. This process will take around 15 minutes.
2. Add the chopped parsley and vegetable stock then season well with nutmeg and black pepper.
3. Simmer the soup for approx. 15 minutes then pour into a blender or food processor along with the single cream.
4. Process/puree at high speed till soup is smooth and creamy.
Serve with an extra drizzle of cream if you wish.