recipe - tried and tested - Lemon & pea risotto - BBC Good.txt
# Lemon & pea risotto
- 200g risotto rice
- 850g hot vegetable stock
- 50g frozen garden peas or petit pois
- 50g parmesan , grated, plus extra to serve
- juice and zest 1⁄2 lemon
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat, then toast the rice, stirring constantly, for 1 min.
- Add 1 ladleful of hot stock and stir until absorbed.
- Reduce the heat.
- Add the rest of the stock, a ladleful at a time, until the rice is almost cooked and stock is absorbed, about 20 mins.
- Stir in the peas, cooking for 3-5 mins, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the cheese, lemon juice and seasoning, then stir.
- Scatter with the lemon zest, then serve immediately, with extra grated Parmesan.